We've put together some facts about Coldplay that you might not know...
1. They were formed in 1996 by Chris Martin and Jonny Buckland under the name Pectoralz.
2. When Guy Berryman joined they changed their name to Starfish. Will Champion completed the lineup and in 1998 they changed their name to Coldplay.
3. They spent over £4million on coloured wristbands which changed with the music for their 'Mylo Xyloto' tour.
4. The vocals to 'Shiver' were recorded in only one take.
5. In 1998 the band released an EP called 'Safety' of which only 500 copies exist.
6. They've won 8 Brit Awards and 7 Grammy Awards.
7. Manager turned Creative Director, Phil Harvey, is referred to as the fifth member of Coldplay.
8. Coldplay bought a bakery in North London that became their headquarters. They don't make cakes unfortunately.
9. Chris Martin had to sing 'The Scientist' backwards for the music video.
10. Coldplay have had 4 billion YouTube views - and the number keeps going up!
11. They've had 17 UK Top 10 singles.
12. The band have sold more than 80 million records worldwide.